Tuesday, May 27, 2008

oh sweet Tuesday...

I received about 10 hate emails today for work I'm doing on a documentary about dogs. Here are the choicest bits:

-HELL NO!!!!!!!No thank you

-This may be news to the fat couch potato dogs apparently owned by National Geographic staffers.

-You clearly should move on to tabloid journalism as it is your true calling.

I would like to thank my adoring fans! They really know how to make a girl feel special. But seriously, this wasn't even the meanest...

Also, I've been tagged! So, here's how the game goes:
The rules are:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

  • What I was doing 10 years ago: I was at my brother Ryan's wedding- I stole that from Sandi's blog (his wife!)... I was 14, awkward stage... Freshman in high school, at this time of year I would be playing tennis and getting ready for summer!
  • Five things on my To Do List today: Read my book club book, laundry (yikes, I just remembered!), buy plane ticket for sister's wedding... sign up for BYU class, and write!
  • Things I would do if I were a billionaire: I guess I would do everything... in style. I would have a live in chef who would do all my grocery shopping, I would have a house in NY, San Diego, Granite Bay, Santa Barbara, Las Vegas, Provo, and Santa Rosa, a private jet that makes only direct flights, horses, a boat for wakeboarding, and I would quite my job and write fiction stories for kids, and I would send lots of boys on missions and help bring food and clean water to people in Africa and set up schools for kids in India and maybe I would have a private army that would wipe out bad people and save abused people and spread lots of music and love around the world! And I would buy an island in Ireland and Japan and have a garden and always invite my family over to play... And I would have a bird too.
  • Three of my bad habits: Staying up late, procrastination, possibly over-reacting
  • Five places I’ve lived: Granite Bay, CA; Provo, UT; Las Vegas, NV; Washington, DC; New York, NY
  • Five jobs I’ve had: Freelance Associate Producer for Fox13 in SLC, Director of the BYU Daily News, Graphics Artist for the BYU Daily News, Photog for BYU Daily News, Receptionist/office assistant at ISU Insurance Services
  • I want to know more about (a nice way of saying TAG!): Brittney Cramer, Brenda Saunders, Lyndee Lychfield, Shelby Pinney, Courtney Pinney!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

meany pants dog freaks. I love dogs and your documentary is going to be nice. Let's face it though: People train pit bulls to be attack dogs- no-one made that up. And there have been many dog attacks that injured people and other dogs. It is sad- but TRUE.

Ashley said...

YES, true, but the thing to remember is that people could train ANY dog to be a fighting dog, pit bulls just happen to be the breed of choice these days. The TRUTH about pit bulls who AREN'T abused by their owners is that they are sweet, energetic, happy to please their humans, and just like other dogs, and if they are socialized at a young age, they will likely be good with ALL people! As I read on one pro pit bull site, punish the deed not the breed. No wonder the pit bull owners are so nuts, everyone out there thinks their sweet loving family dog is a killer!

Courtney and Matt said...

you gotta admit they are scary looking! When I see one at the dog park I make sure to stay cautiously aware - Buster looks like a little lamb - lamb chops for dinner!