Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Greatest Show on Earth!

Last night I watched the Academy Award winner "The Greatest Show on Earth" with some friends, and it was actually really good! Not that I thought it wouldn't be... but the story was pretty substantial and all the circus stuff was pretty neat. Jimmy Stewart played an heartfelt clown, and Charlton Heston was the tough circus boss. And I LOVED the cameo by Bing Crosby and Bob Hope, who in one scene were sitting in the audience watching the show intently. Hilarious...
Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey- brought me back to the days when I was in the circus... okay, so I wasn't really IN the circus, but when I was little I actually DID win a contest and got to be in the circus for one show, where I rode a train and hung out with the clowns. It was amazing.

2 comments:

Britt said...

i can sooooooooo see you being in the circus!!

Courtney and Matt said...

i never knew you were in the circus!! Barnum and Bailey brings me back to the Communications Major days - I remember learning they were the first to ever use Public Relations