Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Astronaut

Last night I dreamed I was an Astronaut training for a mission to space. The final seat on the shuttle would either go to me or a veteran astronaut woman who was my friend. We waited to find out who would be chosen, and I hoped it would be me- but at the same time I was apprehensive about the mission. I closed my eyes and could see myself, rocketing away from my home, the Earth getting smaller as I flew further from it. It made my insides hurt, I did not want to leave my home. I felt that my soul belonged with Earth, close to it. For all the hopes and excitement of flying into outer space, I could not shake this apprehension. Though, I felt sure I would choose to go if selected, however wary I felt. I awoke before the final decision was made.
I've never dreamed of space before.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Do you ascribe deep meaning to this experience?

Ashley said...

It was unique, worth mentioning / remembering.