Thursday, September 25, 2008

Baby Turtle drama...

So I got home and was doing stuff, when I looked over at my roommate Heidi's baby turtle (she's had him for 4 days, his name is Pip... short for Pip Squeak). Pip looked like he was in a funny position to me. So I walked over to take a closer look. His little turtle tail was sticking outa the water, and his face was under the water, eyes closed. I tapped on the counter. No movement. I tapped on the plastic cage. Nothing. I tapped again, jostling the cage. Still no movement! I didn't know what to do! So, of course, I freaked out, and texted everyone I know. How could I tell Heidi her baby was DEAD!?
After a good 10 minutes, I was brave enough to put my head a couple inches from Pip, to look for any signs of life, when suddenly his little turtley eye opened! He was looking RIGHT AT ME. Then I saw another good sign, his little turtley neck looked like it was breathing. HE WAS ALIVE!!! I was so glad. I'M STILL so glad. Phew!

Here is Pip, alive and well.This whole baby turtle incident reminded me of this random scene in Stargate Atlantis. On a last minute emergency mission, Carson suddenly remembers something...

2 comments:

Britt said...

i love ashley freak-outs! i'm sorry you were scared, though. and glad the turtle is a-ok.

Ashley said...

Thanks for the support. :) PS I can't wait to come visit!!