Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bouquets

Today, someone sent my co-worker a fruit bouquet. She was kind enough to share, and it got me thinking... what a fabulous idea! It's like the joy of receiving flowers, AND you get to EAT IT!
This got me thinking about other kinds of bouquets that I like, or would like to receive. Actually, my friends and I were talking about flowers last night, and what the appropriate kinds of flowers would be to give a girl. The boys liked roses and tulips, classic and symmetrical... Heidi liked the idea of Gerber daises or lilies... but for some reason I associate lilies with funerals, and this line from "The Hours":

Florist: "So what would you like? The Lilies are perfect!"
Clarissa: "No, too morbid......Oh , oh! Lets just have buckets of roses!"Roses are romantic (some would say TOO romantic, you know who you are) but I say they're nice. My favorite kinds of flowers are yellow ones. I don't particularly care for the color yellow, I would never say it was my favorite, but I love yellow flowers. Especially yellow roses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny girl. barbara streisand loved yellow roses in funny girl (or was it funny face?). The one with omar sharif.

Rae said...

Last year my mom sent me a bouquet of sugar cookies for Valentine's. They were delish!!