Wednesday, March 31, 2010

State of Mind

I've been sick the last couple of days, which has lead me to conduct some very interesting internet searches (when not counting sheep) and I recalled that now that I live in Virginia, I should look into having a "Virginia" state of mind...Done and done.

This got me thinking about California and New York, my recent homes. You'll never guess what New York's slogan is... California's slogan on the other hand is:Apparently, no one's ever heard of California's slogan (I certainly hadn't). I guess it makes sense, no need to advertise for a place where people actually go! :)

While I do NY, I'd like to swap California and NY's slogan's- from personal experience. And long live Virginia! I love love love it here. DC is nice too. You'll get a kick out of their slogan:Taxation without representation. It's on all the license plates!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

It's not just because I'm in advertising, but I've seen plenty of California tourism ads in the last year or so.

"Board meetings. Lots and lots of board meetings." (while they show people, skating, surfing, snowboarding, etc)

Stephen and Debbie said...

How interesting. Utah should be included since you once lived here... Best Snow on Earth.